Thanksgiving... I got a little fatter. Okay. Considerably fatter.
LSU game... we lose. Boo. I made crawfish jambalaya, and it was awesome. Yay.
The Monday after Thanksgiving weekend, Stephanie went to see the doctor for the first time. I didn't go, because she wasn't expecting them to do much more than a pelvic exam and I want to be able to go to later visits without using too much sick time.
So I didn't go. And of course, she had an ultrasound. That's her uterus, up there. And inside it is a little person. See the dark blob that looks like a Zol from Legend of Zelda? Yeah, that's not it. See the tiny white blob inside the dark blob? There it is! That tiny white blob is our baby! I think. Pretty sure, at least.
Stephanie also informed me that she was able to hear the heartbeat. Apparently this is a big deal and a lot of times you can't hear the heartbeat this early. But she could!
"Babe, I could hear the heartbeat!"
"Really?????"
"Yeah! 147 beats a minute."
"OH MY GOD!!!!
"... ... ... "
"What was wrong??? Was everything okay???"
"Yeah, 147 is where it is supposed to be at. That's normal."
"Hey, why don't you volunteer that kind of info a little sooner next time."
Soooo... the baby is healthy, and the mommy is healthy and starting to do a little better with the morning sickness. Apparently this is a misnomer, too. She was sick all the time...really less so during the morning. At least around me. Hopefully the current trend continues.
The pregnancy question is past the point of ridiculous. My work Christmas party was this past weekend, and Stephanie was asked if she was pregnant by a woman that I work with who has seen her literally four times in two years. Simply because she wasn't drinking. What kind of vibe are we giving off that we have spawned? I think her sister is more and more suspicious each day. There is no way we make it to Christmas, which is a shame.
One thought we've had is to take a picture of the sonogram and put it in a picture ornament on our Christmas tree and see if anyone notices... I really, really like this idea, although I seriously doubt that anybody WOULD notice. Who really inspects somebody else's Christmas tree up close?
I want to start reading the What to Expect book. Like, I have kind of been beating myself up about not starting it and instead reading a book about beer written by George Wendt. I mean, Seth Rogan freaking read the What to Expect book... I should really get on it. I know nothing about what is going on inside Stephanie's uterus, even though it's one-half mine. I'm talking about the baby. Not her uterus. That's all hers. I want none of it. But the baby is half me, and I need to learn more about it.
I got $100 in gift cards from Barnes and Noble for my birthday. I read voraciously, and I get gift cards to bookstores on just about every gift-giving occasion. I never in a million years imagined I'd be using the gift cards I received on my 28th birthday on books about becoming a parent.
Never in a trillion would I imagine being so excited about it.

No comments:
Post a Comment